Note: While access to new theme versions is free to our customers, because Shopify was not designed for upgradeable themes, support for manually upgrading your theme will be limited to this guide. You will need to reapply any code customizations (including manual app installations) and sections after upgrading.
New in v5.0: We now support Shopify's Online Store 2.0 features. View all release notes
- If you purchased from the Theme Store, download the latest version and it will be installed as an unpublished theme. If you purchased directly from us, contact us and we'll send you the latest version.
- To copy your theme settings over from your old theme, open the code editor for your old theme (Actions > Edit code), find the Config folder from the sidebar and copy everything from settings_data.json
- Now open the code editor for the new version of the theme and paste everything into the same file, Config/settings_data.json, and press Save.
- Because of the new templating structure in Online Store 2.0, sections must be recreated manually using the theme editor.
- If you've installed any apps or made any other code customizations, you'll now want to make those code changes to the new theme as well.
- When you're ready to go live, Publish the theme