New as of Motion v3.0, we've made the following sections available for use on a new Page template: page.sections:
How do I use Page sections?
- Create a new Page, add a title, and switch the Template setting on the right to page.sections (see below if it's not appearing)
- Open the Theme Editor, click on the Home page dropdown, scroll down to your new Page, and click on the Page.sections page section from the sidebar
- Start editing! Either use the sections we've provided or start removing and replacing them with sections of your choice
Note: due to the way in which Shopify designed the section feature, the sections you add will be seen on every Page that uses the page.sections template.
Why don't I see page.sections?
This happens if Motion is not your current theme. Either publish the theme first or else follow the steps below to create a page.sections template on your current theme:
- Open the code editor for your current theme, find the Templates folder and click Add new template
- Choose page in the first dropdown and call it sections
- Return to your Page and you will now see page.sections in the Template dropdown
You can now continue through our instructions above to add sections without affecting your current theme.