New as of Motion v3.0, we've made the following sections available for use on a new Product template, product.sections:
How do I use Product sections?
- Create a new Product, add a title, and switch the Template setting on the right to product.sections (see below if it's not appearing)
- Add your product to a collection or to your navigation in order to make it possible to browse to it from within the Theme Editor
- Open the Theme Editor, browse to your product and click on the Product.sections page section from the sidebar
- Start editing! Either use the sections we've provided or start removing and replacing them with sections of your choice
Note: due to the way in which Shopify designed the section feature, the sections you add will be seen on every Product that uses the product.sections template.
Why don't I see product.sections?
This happens if Motion is not your current theme. Either publish the theme first or else follow the steps below to create a product.sections template on your current theme:
- Open the code editor for your current theme, find the Templates folder and click Add new template
- Choose product in the first dropdown and call it sections
- Return to your product and you will now see product.sections in the Template dropdown.